Tuesday 31 May 2011

Mapping the Territory

I have taken down the patchwork attempt, and then started a new piece that is based on cells of the human body.
So I have started off by writing words that reflected my territory, not only the area of art but the area of my job.   


Furthermore I wrote questions as well for instance I was questioning why I paint portraits using 'masks'. 
I found myself asking questions as well as answers I did struggle with this piece, i was finding the colours I had used not connecting together.  






What I was attempting to achieve was the reflection of the huge variety of cells that exist within the human body.


All cells with in the body have a distinctive job, and its like a large industry a factory essence that all concerned and all these varieties of cells function to keep the body working.




However after accessing the video of Angela's work I have realised that it is very similar, and this has concerned me, furthermore what I had written wasn't exactly what I was trying to express and I felt the piece had a childlike quality so I made the decision to once again remove this piece and start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment