Sunday 6 November 2011

Completing the First Year

I wanted to review this particular module and how I feel that this first year has passed and I hope that I have done enough to pass this year.

Form, Frame and Fracture has to be one of the most enjoyable experiences that I have had throughout this module. I was able to really explore and push forward on this task, I wish that I had more time and opportunity to explore deeper into this project using clay, developing the shapes.

With the Mapping the Territory I really struggled with the visual aspect with the task, I felt what I kept creating was a very poor quality however I did feel that eventually I did succeed at this task and I really learnt alot, especially since looking back on the work I pushed through this I learnt that I can achieve when pushed to the limit artistically.

The Death of Painting has been an enjoyable essay, as the MA has progressed my confidence has risen with my writing I know that I will always be a poor writer this is an area in which I do struggle however I enjoy researching and exploring. 

This year has been the most difficult for me because I not only started this MA, I started a new job which has been very hard for me to settle in. In fact I don't like where I work, and I did not cope and I have depression which was very hard to come to terms with.
So I am now on medication and will be for at least year and I had to step back for a while from the MA.

Yet I have achieved with this MA, I have come so far in a very short while with my painting and if I do not pass, I will hold my head up because I have achieved by just getting this far.

There are so many changes going to happen in the Department in which I work that will not be for the better, therefore I am going into a wedding photographer business, starting off as an assistant and also part of the package will be offering commissions of portraits of the happy couple. So hopefully life will change and evolve and allow me in time to develop hopefully with the MA and become the artist that I am meant to become.        

No comments:

Post a Comment