Monday 12 March 2012

Critical Group Discussion 5th March 2012

On the 5th March on the MA we had our first group Crit which I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed, I found it inspiring and exciting to see the work of the other students. We are so individual in our creative processes and thoughts and it is a real eye-opener and helps to extend our own practises when having discussion like this.

It was interesting to see how others react to my work that I have been working on and I do believe that it has been a good starting point for me. I found the comments that the images are reflection and decorative but also confrontation due to the use of my own body,furthermore it has been suggested that the images reflect discourse and analysis and that I look at the work of Mona Hatoum as part of my research.

The images seem to give a feeling of seediness due to a grainy effect of the photographs, there is also a cathartic sense expressed by another MA student and I have also been recommended to look at the work of Richard Billingham.

The tutors added comments regarding the images due to the humour mixed with vulnerability aspect of the work. How the glimpses of the room reflected an intimate private setting which seemed intrusive.

Furthermore Emma Bulley in her own unique way picked up the fact that in one session I was wearing my crucifix and my personal attachment to this piece of jewellery. Which opened the discussion regarding my faith which is very personal to me and private.  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment