Thursday 1 March 2012

Henna designs and session of work

I am looking at the designs of mehndi and the application of henna as skin decoration. Mehndi is a ceremonial art form originated from India.





I am very interested in using a  decorative design combined with the words from my lists. The designs are so beautiful and I believe that I could create something not as detailed but with practice something that I could create and use.







The other evening I used a white pen and drew onto the mirror and I was really pleased with the effect and I do think I could work on this and use the idea of reflection within the work.

What I am struggling at is painting on myself its really hard!! Far harder than working on canvas, I telephoned a face painting company today for help and they suggested that I use liquid eyeliner. So this is something I will be investigating.

















  











No comments:

Post a Comment