Sunday 4 March 2012

Exploratory Project - Reversal of roles

Emma my daughter who helped me the other week to draw on me has offered to be painted herself, this was a very brave thing for her to do and we did attempt this.

































This was a difficult thing to do because of Emma's age I did not want to exploit her obviously and this was done with Emma's full permission. I felt uncomfortable and I am not really happy to use Emma again as part of my work in this way. So we both learnt things from this session. Emma learnt how tedious and tiring the physical practicalities of being painted and then the photographic session themselves. Painting Emma I tried to be more decorative and I am still practising my techniques as I am not adapt at drawing or writing on skin and it is alot harder than I orginally thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment